SSO(GDF) - Database Administrator: DB2 - English - Suzhou (Conversion)
Job ID ITD-0696963 Job type Full-time Regular
Work country China Position type Professional
Work city Suzhou Posted 06-Oct-2014
Travel No travel Job area IT & Telecommunications (non consulting)
Business group Integrated Technology Delivery Job category IT Specialist
Business unit ServSysOps Job role Database Administrator
Job role skillset DB2
Commissionable/Sales-Incentive jobs only No
Role & Responsibility:
1. Database Administration – Software support
2. Database Administration – Database Create / alter / delete
3. Database Administration – Security
4. Database Capacity Planning & Performance
5. Database Backup and Recovery
6. Database Problem Determination and Fix
7. Database Change Assessment and Implementation
Non Technical requirements:
1. Good in English (both written and spoken).
2. Able to solve technical issues.
3. Sense of urgency, customer-oriented
4. Willing to work on different shifts if required
5. 24x7 on-call.
The following DB2 DBA skills are required, Oracle Skills is ASSET.
1. Defined customer change and problem management process
2. Perform database space management and monitoring.
3. Implement requirements for database backup and recovery requirements.
4. Perform database reorgs, statistics and other applicable utilities to ensure proper database function and performance.
5. Database performance tuning.
6. Perform problem determination and resolution.
7. Create and maintain database structures.
8. Migrate and install new/changed database objects to the database environment.
9. Assist in migration and/or load of application data into the database environment.
10. Maintain and implement database security changes based on customer requirements.
11. Define, plan, develop and test database server backup and recovery based on requirements.
12. Perform database server tuning
13. Database installation/upgrade.
14. Install and maintain server and client software; manage connectivity issues.
* Bachelor's Degree
* At least 2 years experience in Database Administration Experience: DB2/Oracle
* English: Fluent
* Chinese simplified: Fluent
* Information Technology
* At least 4 years experience in Database Administration Experience: DB2/Oracle
* Certified in IBM Certified DB2 DBA
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.