- Compass Group, North America
- $28,740.00 -39,230.00/year*
Hospitality - Food Services
1000 E 179th St
*Posted Date:* Jul 24, 2019
* We have an opening for 3 *COOK, GRILL (PART-TIME)* positions.
* *Location*: Fresh Direct - 2 St. Ann's Ave, Bronx, NY 10454 /Note: online applications accepted _only_./
* *Schedule*: F/T and P/T, AM and PM shifts available, more details upon interview
* *Requirement*: Previous experience is preferred, but willing to train!
*We are excited to announce the launch of our new pre-recorded video interviewing technology to fast track your career with our award-winning organization! When you submit an hourly job application, you will be invited to participate in a short video introduction. Click here to get a sneak peek preview!*
*This position is eligible for an Employee Referral Bonus! *If you know someone that would be a great fit for this role, you can refer them to this position and potentially earn an Employee Referral Bonus! Click here to view the step-by-step instructions to refer a friend to this position.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Canteen is a national vending machine operating company offering vending, office coffee service and dining services through a company and franchise network of over 200 locations in 48 states. Canteens track record of innovation began in 1929, when company founder Nathaniel Leverone built his business strategy around three timeless principles: integrity, customer focus and innovation.
*Full time associates at Canteen are offered many fantastic benefits such as:*
* Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
* Commuter Benefits
* Wellness Program
* Employee Assistance Program
* Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
* Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
* Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
* Discount Marketplace
* And other voluntary benefits
*Summary:* Prepares food and serves customers at the grill station in accordance with current applicable federal, state and corporate standards, guidelines and regulations to ensure high-quality food service is provided.
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities:*
* Takes orders from customer and prepares items requiring short preparation. Completes orders from steam tables and serves customers at multiple stations.
* Serves customers in an efficient, friendly manner following established steps of service meeting outlined standards. Ensures food is at the correct temperature and is attractive and tasty. Tastes all prepared food items.
* Uses established ticket-collection procedures during service. Responsible for records from area worked during service periods.
* Uses approved recipes and production standards to ensure proper quality, serving temperatures and standard portion control.
* Carries pans, kettles and trays of food to and from workstations, stove and refrigerator in accordance with established safety standards.
* Stores foods in designated areas following standard wrapping, dating and food safety and rotation procedures.
* Cleans, sanitizes and maintains all assigned work areas, equipment and utensils to ensure sanitation standards are met.
* Resolves customer concerns and reports relevant information and concerns to supervisor.
* Attends in-service and safety meetings.
* Maintains good working relationships with coworkers, customers, administrators and managers.
* Performs job safely while maintaining a clean, safe work environment.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry*
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. /*Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)./
Req ID: 301092
Associated topics: baker, cocinera de produccion, cocinero de la preparacion, cocinero de produccion, commercial kitchen, diner, food prep, kitchen, line cook, prep
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...