- Compass Group, North America
- $24,175.00 -30,370.00/year*
Hospitality - Food Services
1000 E 179th St
*Posted Date:* Aug 6, 2019
* We have an opening for a full-time *FOOD SVC WORKER/CASHIER *position.
* *Location*: Manhattan College - 4513 Manhattan College Parkway, Bronx, NY 10471. /Note: online applications accepted _only_./
* *Schedule*: Mon-Wed: 4:30pm-9:30pm, Sat & Sun 7:00am-2:30pm.
* *Requirement*: Previous cashier experience is preferred.
*We are excited to announce the launch of our new pre-recorded video interviewing technology to fast track your career with our award-winning organization! When you submit an hourly job application, you will be invited to participate in a short video introduction. Click here to get a sneak peek preview!*
*This position is eligible for an Employee Referral Bonus! *If you know someone that would be a great fit for this role, you can refer them to this position and potentially earn an Employee Referral Bonus! Click here to view the step-by-step instructions to refer a friend to this position.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
*/Current Associates:/* */This position has a $250 Employee Referral Bonus! Know someone you would like to refer?/* / Have them apply to this posting via this direct link or at/ /ltogethergreat.com// and/ /ask them to provide your name in the If referred by current employee section of the online application./
Chartwells Higher Education brings fresh ideas and innovative concepts to higher education foodservice. We have quickly established ourselves as the leading college and university foodservice partner in the industry, and were twice named the Fastest Growing Brand by Nations Restaurant News. While we reflect on a proud past, we keep a keen eye on what is yet to come, especially in the areas of culinary development and nutrition. We foster development in a setting where mobility, teamwork, and communication flourish.
*Full time associates at Chartwells Higher Education are offered many fantastic benefits such as:*
* Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
* Commuter Benefits
* Wellness Program
* Employee Assistance Program
* Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
* Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
* Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
* Discount Marketplace
* And other voluntary benefits
*Summary:* Performs cashiering duties, including general food service work. Maintains sanitation standards in the preparation, service and dining room facilities.
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities:*
* Performs prep work such as washing, peeling, cutting and seeding fruits and vegetables. Weighs and measures designated ingredients.
* Carries pans, kettles and trays of food to and from work stations, stove and refrigerator in accordance with safety standards. Distributes supplies, utensils and portable equipment.
* Stores foods in designated areas in accordance with wrapping, dating, and food safety and rotation procedures.
* Cleans work areas, equipment and utensils.
* Ensures compliance with sanitation and safety requirements.
* Uses approved food recipes and production standards to ensure proper quality, serving temperatures and standard portion control.
* Serves customers in a friendly, efficient manner following outlined steps of service.
* Interacts with customers and resolves customer complaints in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
* Relays relevant information to supervisor.
* Performs sales transactions.
* Enters sales into the cash register to ensure purchases are accurately recorded.
* Makes change, accepts declining balance cards and other acceptable forms of payment.
* Issues receipts to customers.
* Follows standard procedures for issuing cash refunds.
* Responsible for all assigned change funds and cash receipts, ensuring that cash drawer is in compliance with overage/shortage standards.
* Replenishes condiments, beverages and general supplies while maintaining service area cleanliness.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry*
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. /*Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)./
Req ID: 307276
Associated topics: clean, dishwasher, dishwasher steward, duties, housekeeping, kitchen utility, sanitation, service assistant, stewarding, washer
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...