- Compass Group, North America
1000 E 179th St
*Posted Date:* Jul 25, 2019
* We have an opening for a full-time *ROUTE DRIVER - VENDING *position.
* *Location*: 3740 Merritt Ave, Bronx, NY 10466. /Note: online applications accepted _only_./
* *Schedule*: Monday through Friday; 5:00am - 2:00pm. More details upon interview.
* *Requirement*: Previous route driver experience is preferred. See additioanl qualifications below.
*We are excited to announce the launch of our new pre-recorded video interviewing technology to fast track your career with our award-winning organization! When you submit an hourly job application, you will be invited to participate in a short video introduction. Click here to get a sneak peek preview!*
*This position is eligible for an Employee Referral Bonus! *If you know someone that would be a great fit for this role, you can refer them to this position and potentially earn an Employee Referral Bonus! Click here to view the step-by-step instructions to refer a friend to this position.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Canteen is a national vending machine operating company offering vending, office coffee service and dining services through a company and franchise network of over 200 locations in 48 states. Canteens track record of innovation began in 1929, when company founder Nathaniel Leverone built his business strategy around three timeless principles: integrity, customer focus and innovation.
*Full time associates at Canteen are offered many fantastic benefits such as:*
* Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
* Commuter Benefits
* Wellness Program
* Employee Assistance Program
* Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
* Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
* Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
* Discount Marketplace
* And other voluntary benefits
*Summary:* The Route Driver drives a company vehicle over an established route to deliver products or render services and fills and maintains vending and related equipment. The Route Driver is the face of the company and must project a professional and positive image of the company at all times while maintaining and building excellent client and customer relationships. This position has excellent advancement opportunities, providing employees with the foundation needed for entry level management opportunities.
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities:*
* Maintain proper inventory levels and product distribution for vending machines.
* Perform product rotation to ensure freshness at designated client locations for vending machines.
* Provide client and customer satisfaction in every aspect of job performance.
* Informs regular clients and customers of new products or services, listens to and resolves service complaints.
* Sets up merchandise and sales promotion displays or issues sales promotion materials to customers.
* Accountable for all receipt of goods, invoices, delivery tickets, cash received or collected and product.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* 3 years driving experience required.
* Valid Non-CDL Class C (unless otherwise indicated by state) driver's license and good driving record.
* Preferred 1-2 years experience in a customer service position, or a minimum of 1 year of related experience.
* Proficient with handheld computer, training provided.
* Must be able to lift 50 lbs. on a consistent basis.
* Ability to operate or willingness to learn material handling equipment (box truck, handcarts, etc.).
* Able to work independently, responsible for route, work unsupervised 98% of the work day.
*In addition to competitive compensation and excellent benefits, successful employees in this position enjoy:*
* Comprehensive training
* Advancement opportunities
* Working in a fast paced environment
* Working independently
* Providing excellent customer service to established customers
* Building relationships
*About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry*
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. /*Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)./
Req ID: 302951
Associated topics: dispatcher, fleet management, handler, management, manager, manager trainee, operations manager, service manager, svce, technician
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...