- $66,800.00 -105,470.00/year*
1000 E 179th St
**Job Title:** Administrative Coordinator - Veterans' Affairs
**Job ID:** 20890
**Location:** Hostos Community College
**Full/Part Time:** Full-Time
The Office of Student Programming for Veterans and Reservists provides an array of specialized educational support and development-related services for student veterans and reservists. These include academic advisement and tutoring, leadership and mentor training, career services, child care services, counseling services, disability services, financial aid and benefits advisement, and Womens Center. This office also works with faculty, staff, and the college community as a whole to increase a general sense of awareness about services available to veteran and reservist students.
The Office of Student Programming for Veterans and Reservist seeks applications for an Administrative Coordinator. Reporting directly to the Student Disabilities Services Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Coordinates services, advisement, and administrative needs for the Veterans and Reservist office.
- Assists students in applying for educational benefits with the purpose of supporting students with achieving their educational goals.
- Assists with GI Bill Certifications (Post 911 and Vocational Rehabilitation); adheres to all VA requirements, policies, and processes regarding the institution's VA approval.
- Monitors the academic progress of students each semester to ensure satisfactory academic progress; updates VA system with student's progress.
- Maintains records, academic programs, and previous and current transcripts for all benefit recipients; facilitates and organizes records and documents necessary during VA and SAA reviews and audits.
- Interviews, intakes, and enrolls new military and veteran students.
- Participates in recruitment, enrollment, retention and student success activities.
- Participates in college-wide and divisional Strategic Planning, Middle States and Assessment activities.
- Organizes events for veteran students; represents the college during events and meetings.
Bachelor's Degree required.
The following qualifications are preferred:
- Candidates with Veteran status or military experience
- Experience working with Veteran students
- Knowledge of U.S Department of Veterans Affairs education benefits, VA ONCE or similar online VA software
- Familiarity with PeopleSoft or CUNYfirst student information systems
- Availability to work evening and weekend hours
**CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW**
Supports projects, initiatives, and activities that impact an academic or administrative department.
- Manages basic office functions such as communications, meeting schedules, work plans, staff assignments, and distributing information.
- Collects data for, prepares, and distributes reports and presentations using word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software.
- Updates office databases, lists, and files to ensure completeness and accuracy; maintains current information on department web site(s); maintains department archives and collections.
- Conducts internet and/or database research and performs basic systems queries to locate information related to department activities.
- Maintains department fiscal plans and budgets; assists in budget administration and invoice processing.
- Provides basic information, instructions, and materials as requested by students, faculty, and others who contact the department.
- May supervise office staff and student workers.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Administrative Coordinator
Assistant to HEO
**COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS**
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
**HOW TO APPLY**
Applicants must apply online by accessing the CUNY website at www.cuny.edu and navigate to the following links: \"Employment\" and \"Search Job Postings\"
Please attach resume, cover letter, and three professional references.
Open until filled with review of applications to begin August 20, 2019.
**JOB SEARCH CATEGORY**
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
**EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY**
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Associated topics: administrative and operational support, administrative associate, administrator, database, database administrator, executive assistant, executive support, operational support, recruiter, staff assistant
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...