The Human Resources Department at Hostos Community College contributes to the College's mission through the proper and careful selection, training, motivation, and utilization of human capital and the fostering of a diverse work environment where employees are valued and appreciated for their individual contributions.
Reporting to the Executive Director of Human Resources, the Human Resources/Deputy Director is responsible for the management of all HR Operations and Strategic Planning activities and serves on behalf of the Executive Director as needed. The HR Manager/Deputy Director will be responsible for managing a wide range of areas under the direction of the Executive Director, including recruitment, compensation, onboarding and off boarding, performance evaluation, human resource information systems, time and leave, benefits, payroll, and administration/implementation of Hostos and CUNY policies, procedures and programs.
In addition to the CUNY Title Overview duties, responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- In collaboration with the Executive Director, oversees the daily operations of the HR office.
- Manages all recruitment processes including classification and compensation, auditing and reviewing postings, developing and maintaining organizational charts, employment offers, preparing for the College Administrative Review Committee (HEO screening) meetings, CUNYFirst talent acquisition management (TAM), and position management.
- Interviews and appoints candidates for classified staff vacancies during hiring pools and serve as a search committee member to expedite all classified and non-teaching searches.
- Works closely with the Provost, Deans, Vice President and Department Heads to provide guidance on recruitment, classification, and compensation matters.
- Manages staff in benefits administration including but not limited to processing of employee health and pension selections, new employee orientations, unemployment insurance and workers' compensation.
- Manages HRIS staff and operational aspects of HR systems. This includes ensuring data integrity and managing the roll out of new CUNY functionality and/or College processes for the following: CUNYfirst, payroll, time and leave, data imaging, performance management, and personnel action tracking systems.
- Assists the Executive Director in implementing collective bargaining agreements and CUNY policies and Civil Service regulations; audits/evaluates current processes and systems; researches sensitive HR issues; and recommends procedural improvements to support Human Resources' objectives.
- Provides guidance/interpretation and ensures compliance of CUNY policies (i.e., white and blue collar contracts, NYS Civil Service laws, CUNY personnel rules and regulations).
- Coordinates the communication of policies and procedures; develops and distributes guidelines; and updates the HR website when necessary.
- Serves on various College and University committees; assumes responsibility for special projects and other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree and six years' related experience required.
The following qualifications are preferred:
- At least six years of full time progressively responsible experience in the human resources administration
- CUNY HR experience and proficiency with PeopleSoft(CUNYFirst)
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication, time management, strong problem-solving, and customer-service orientation skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff and maintain professional discretion, confidentiality and high ethical standards
**CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW**
Manages a portfolio of Human Resources programs and operations at the College level.
- Assumes responsibility for delivery of one or more human resources programs, which may include recruitment, performance management, labor relations, pay administration, recordkeeping, and/or human resources technology
- Manages staff responsible for carrying out operations in the Human Resources office
- Directly supports College department chairs and managers in staff planning, recruiting, hiring, and resolving sensitive personnel issues regarding their employees
- Provides guidance on the impact of laws and regulations, CUNY policies, and collective bargaining agreements
- Provides outreach to employees and provides communications such as meetings, newsletters, and web sites
- Compiles accurate and well-organized reports
- Assists management with developing policies, procedures, and programs to support Human Resources' objectives
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: HR Manager
Higher Education Associate
**COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS**
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
**HOW TO APPLY**
Applicants must apply online by accessing the CUNY website at www.cuny.edu and navigate to the following links: \"Employment \" and \"Search Job Postings\"
Please attach resume, cover letter, and three professional references.
Open until filled with review of applications to begin August 20, 2019
**JOB SEARCH CATEGORY**
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
**EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY**
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer. Associated topics: administrator, associate director, chro, guide, head, leader, monitor, senior associate, senior director, vice president
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.