Accountemps is actively looking for for a Full Charge Bookkeeper. Are you proficient at multitasking, communicating, organizing, and managing your time? Do you want an opportunity to grow? Then this role could be the right fit for you! You will be responsible for all general accounting and bookkeeping functions, such as preparing financial statements, and establishing and maintaining accounting principles, practices, procedures, and initiatives. Based in Bronx, New York, the Full Charge Bookkeeper role is a long-term temporary-to-full-time opportunity.
- Supervising tasks of accounting clerks and entry-level bookkeepers
- Tracking fixed assets and preparing depreciation schedules
- Preparing the trial balance and financial statements, including, but not limited to, balance sheet, income statement, and statement of cash flows
- Following federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying requirements, implementing adherence to requirements, filing reports, and advising management on needed actions
- Handling bank and general ledger reconciliations, as well as payroll processing
- Processing accounts payable and accounts receivable, including collections
- Ensuring correct and punctual monthly, quarterly and year end close
- Carefully filing documents to preserve historical records
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- A deep understanding of accrual and cash basis of accounting
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills
- 3 or more years of experience in the bookkeeping field
- Payroll experience preferred
- High school diploma or similar accreditation, and an AA degree or higher in Accounting or Business recommended
- Highly capable of analyzing financial data and quickly creating accurate reports
- Demonstrated flexibility to adapt to changes in procedures
- Practical knowledge of Accounts Receivable (AR)
- General familiarity with Accounts Payable (AP)
- Sage 100 experience desired
- Budget forecasting experience preferred
- Microsoft Excel experience preferred
- Well-founded grasp of bank reconciliations
- Balance sheets experience highly desired
- Proven knowledge of grant accounting
- Deep understanding of Annual Budget
- Earlier work involving Excel, Quickbooks, and Peachtree
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight
For immediate consideration, please send your resume to ...@accountemps.com!
Accountemps matches highly skilled professionals with accounting finance jobs at the best companies on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. Our mission is to provide you with a rewarding finance or accounting job that is well matched to your professional skills - helping you to advance in your career. Our experience, combined with the resources of our worldwide network of offices, makes Accountemps a great resource for your career. We offer excellent opportunities to find temporary accounting and finance jobs for all experience levels. From accounting clerks and bookkeepers to accounts payable and staff accountants, we can provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune? magazine's list of \"World's Most Admired Companies\" since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Contact your local Accountemps office at 888.###.#### or visit www.accountemps.com to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
? 2019 Accountemps. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans
**Salary:** $20.00 - $25.00 / Hourly
**Location:** BRONX, NY
**Date Posted:** August 8, 2019
**Employment Type:** Temporary
**Job Reference:** 02941-#######080
**Staffing Area:** Accountemps
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.