- SCO Family of Services
- $51,130.00 -79,090.00/year*
1000 E 179th St
* Recruit students, conduct intake assessments and interviews
* Engage students families and assist with identified needs
* Provide student and family referrals to community resources
* Work in a collaborative team, including participation in staff meetings, retreats, staff development in order to support student progress
* Monitor and document student attendance and academic progress
* Conduct attendance outreach, including home visits
* Provide counseling, crisis intervention, conflict mediation and assistance as needed
* Plan and facilitate groups with students
* Partner with Generalist Teacher in the classroom in order to serve and support a class/caseload of twenty-five students
* Support the College and Career Coordinator and Internship Coordinator
* Develop and implement student enrichment activities and after-school electives
* Other duties as required
The Advocate Counselor serves as the primary person in guiding students through the academic, social and personal expectations that are involved in achieving a High School diploma and establishing realistic post-secondary plans. The Advocate Counselor serves as liaison to outside resources and partner to a Generalist teacher.
SCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer
* Bachelor's Degree in related field required. MSW preferred.
* Two years working with at risk youth
* Group work experience preferred.
* School-based experience preferred
**Job:** **JOB COUNSELOR*
**Title:** *Advocate Counselor*
**Location:** *New York-Bronx-Soundview*
**Requisition ID:** *37472*
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...