Reports To: Supervisor and Full-Time Management Staff
Schedule: Must be able to work 2-5 days per week including weekends and holidays
Hours: 9:00 a.m. ? 5:30 p.m., dependent on weather and guest attendance; schedule subject to change
Business Services Associate for the 2019 Season is responsible for engaging guests with hands-on activities and programming events throughout the zoo for our Dino Event including but not limited to maintaining the hands-on activities area, helping performers before and after shows at various locations, and keeping areas of work clean and safe for guests. Will need to study some given material on the Dinosaurs we will be showcasing for general knowledge. The Associate will facilitate these activities at the Bronx Zoo. This position will extend until the end of October.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Enforcing all area safety rules and regulations
Assisting in hands-on activities
* Getting a Fire Guard License for events (paid by WCS), Ability to travel to Brooklyn to obtain a Fire Guard License
* Valid driver's license a plus
* Setting up and breaking down materials at beginning and end of day
* Crowd management
* Adapt easily to changing circumstances in a busy work environment.
* Comfortable being exposed to cold and hot weather conditions
* May be required to assist in other special events activities including assisting in performance areas
* Some few events such as Run for The Wild and Brew events will extend to Midnight
Associated topics: assist, assistance, help, information technology, information technology analyst, support, support analyst, support specialist, technical, technical support
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.