The successful candidate will perform routine molecular diagnostic procedures in support of our animal health programs. S/he will also perform general laboratory management activities including sample accessioning, distribution of results, sample archives, and general laboratory maintenance. The successful applicant will join our team of pathologists, molecular scientists and support staff, and must be comfortable performing work both as a team member as well as independently.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
* Complete extensive and complex steps requiring sample preparation, pipetting, evaluation of data, and careful and accurate work.
* Adhere to biosafety standards and laboratory SOPs (standard operating procedures).
* Perform routine molecular diagnostic testing of zoo and wildlife samples (e.g., DNA/RNA extraction, PCR, DNA sequence analysis).
* Maintain records of test results and archives of data.
* Interpret and distribute test results.
* Manage inventory stock such as reagents, supplies, etc.
* Perform laboratory maintenance and general cleaning.
* Perform basic administrative tasks (e.g., accession samples for testing, distributing test results, filing).
* Shipping and tracking samples for external testing (e.g., DNA sequencing).
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.